1. What time does everything kick off? Gates open at 11:00AM, we are going to set it off with DJs right away on ALL stages. We have like 40 artists performing within eight and half hours, so, shortly after gates open the mics will open too, and it will be go time. Get there early and you will not miss anything. Soundset ends at 8:30PM as the sun sets over the Shakopee water tower.
2. The set times for Soundset will not be announced until day of show. If you are emailing us asking when your favorite artist is playing, we will NOT have that answer for you until day of show. There are a lot of amazing artists playing, broaden your horizons, get there early and see as many artists for the low cost of your ticket. You want to be the first to know, well we highly suggest you follow us on Twitter. Everyone loves surprises, who knows, Atmosphere may go on first? Stay tuned to @Soundset and @Rhymesayers on twitter all day long!
3. There are NO in and outs. Show goes on rain or shine. Line up and set times are subject to change.
4. What can you bring: backpacks (medium 20″ tall, 15″ wide and 9″ thick), small beach towel, hats, (1) 20 oz. plastic bottle of water (must be SEALED or EMPTY), sun block, lighters, cigarettes, sunglasses, cell phones, beepers, kids, mom, dad, digital cameras (non-pro), disposable cameras, hacky sacks, fanny packs, film cameras (non pro) and pictures of .
5. What can you NOT bring: weapons (knives, guns, chains- anything that can be used as a weapons to hurt someone), glass, band instruments of any kind, drugs or drug paraphernalia, for sale items (unless you are a contracted vendor), markers, spray paint, hula hoops, outside food, outside beverages, squirt guns, audio recording devices, video recording devices, umbrellas, blankets, stuffed animals, pets (unless licensed service animals), kites, flags, golf carts (unless you’re Ant), chairs and Tool CDs (unless you’re Randy Hawkins).
6. Yes it’s true, this year Soundset is back on the GRASS. The field will be hippie and rap cypher friendly and more comforting for your feet and butt when you sit down. Oh wait, when will you have time to sit down? This is a Hip Hop show!
7. Want to know where everything is? The site map will be up soon, check back party people!
8. YES, first aid and medics will be on site. As we get closer to the event, we will offer a site map you can download online that will tell where these amazing people can be found. Soundset offers safety first!
9. All people with medical prescriptions, please identify yourselves to security at gate check in. ALL medical prescriptions and accompanying names on those containers MUST match the person’s proper I.D.
10. If you have a friend or family member that is disabled, we DO have accessible seating tickets available at both TicketWeb.com and at Fifth Element (in-store). These tickets will allow 1 person (with a ticket) to accompany the person, and there will be an accessible area designated near the main stage area. Specific questions in regards to accessible seating tickets, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line: ACCESSIBLE TICKETS.
11. Of course, Soundset 2013 is all ages - we are for the kids! And, for those youngsters under the age of 10 you get to experience the music for FREE, but must be accompanied by a ticket paying adult. 2 kids per one adult. Strollers are allowed for infants and toddlers only, no adults in strollers please.
12. YES, there will be ATM machines available on site. CASH rules everything around me.
13. Can I bring my camera? Yes, “point and shoot” photo cameras are allowed, but NO VIDEO cameras and ALL professional cameras will need a photo pass. What is a professional camera? Any camera with removable lenses. To get a photo pass you MUST be affiliated with a credible print or online publication (your flickr page does not necessarily qualify you) and submit your credentials. List all your contact information, including the publication you’re there to shoot for, and please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PHOTO PASS.
14. If you submitted your band, favorite local artist or amazing new rap group from Moose Lake, MN, the final line-up has been 100% confirmed. So, if you have not been contacted by us yet, your submission did not make the final cut. Yes, this does mean we do not even have time for your 1, 5, 10 or 15 minute set. Thank you for reaching out, hustling your groups and sending us a massive amount of great music and some really bad ones too. The decisions were not easy, but have been fully made.
15. If you have a custom car, truck or low rider golf cart that you would like to have be part of the Fifth annual Soundset Custom Car Show, please send all your questions and inquiries to email@example.com. This guy named Phil will get back to you, he has a pony tail (sometimes) and is highly qualified for this position.
16. How do I enter the B-Boy / B-Girl Battle at Soundset? Stay tuned for some more information on this one!
17. Familia Skate Shop Soundset Showdown – Information coming soon. familiaskateshop.com
18. So you have the freshest skateboard shop in the Twin Cities or any other product, service or organization, and you want to vend at Soundset- we can make this happen. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: VENDING and we will have our super VENDOR specialist reach out to you with all the details. No taxidermy or hunting vendors please. J-Bird is for the animals.
19. Hey man, I have a great product. Yo, I have a great new service that people need to know about. Really man, how can I be a sponsor on Soundset to help keep these ticket prices low? Send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line: SPONSOR.
20. There will be artist meet and greets on site at Soundset. Look for times to be posted in VIP and at our festival merchandise area. If you want to be up on the latest and greatest, follow us on Twitter @Soundset and you will be in the know… yo.
21. Hell yes there will be official Soundset merchandise! Look for the BIG tent that says “Soundset Merchandise”. Go there and look for our merch Jedis. We will also have this listed on our official site map that will be available week of the show. Yes, your cash and credit is good with us.
21. Soundset understands it can be hot. We know there are some pale friends out there that the sun just doesn’t like. Shaded areas will be provided. There are also cool tents you can go into, such as the DJ BBoy / BGirl tent where battles, a production showcase and DJs will be playing records some of your parents may not like ALL DAY LONG! There is also FREE tap water - check the info in your pamphlet when you get there.
22. After Party? You know this. Our homies Get Cryphy and Kid Cut Up will be on the 1s and 2s starting at 10pm after Soundset concludes. Tickets are on sale now at First Avenue, The Depot Tavern, and Fifth Element. 18+ homies only.
23: If you still have a question, concern or just want to voice your opinion, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking/Transportation Questions? GO HERE
Food/Beverage Questions? GO HERE